Astrology Talk


Google
 
Web Astrology Talk
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Esoteric Astrology eBook - A Cautionary Tale

What kind of wackiness is this? I am tooling around looking for some cool fresh stuff for all you good folks who come to read my blog and I discover this link that I am kind of excited about.

It states: "Esoteric Astrology" by Alice Bailey and Djwhal Khul. Get it now free."

Alice Bailey is an Astrologer with a very spiritual approach to interpretation. You don't get a "cookbook" Astrology book with her on board. I enjoy reading her writings, especially her analysis of how the 12 Labors of Hercules parallels the Zodiac. Color me blond, but I have never heard of Djwhal Khul, which doesn't really mean anything as to his (or her) abilities as an Astrologer and writer.

Anyhow, so I follow the link and get to this site. It has no information, just a link to download this file for "free". I look around at the other postings (none). Three categories are Astrology, Inspiration and Biotechnology. Hmmm. That's an interesting mix. I decide that perhaps this is a newbie blogger and they haven't really posted anything yet, and the date on this is December 20th. That doesn't mean the content isn't good, just not built up.

Even though I usually don't download things from sites I don't know, against my better judgement, I download the file and notice underneath the link that I am supposed to put in this URL as the password to access this encrypted file. I do, and suddenly I glance at the time estimate... 20 million PLUS minutes! You have got to be JOKING ME! I don't pay extra for fast cable access for nothing! There is over 1200 pages in this thing! I download everything to my desktop. Can you imagine how long it would take me to clean up that mess?

Are you laughing at my misfortune yet? This was so absurd that I had to share. Being a blogger isn't all fun, games and glamor. I thought I would just let you know, in case you stumble upon the same link. I don't want to put in the blog because I don't want to push any traffic to the site. What you want to look for is a website/blog with a title that makes no sense.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home