Astrology Talk


Google
 
Web Astrology Talk
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Monday, January 01, 2007

Goodbye 2006 - HELLO 2007

As most of you probably know, I am new(ish) with a fairly fast learning curve, to blogging. I decided to blog about Astrology because it combines two of my passions. The first is creativity. I have always written and have a strong background in film, TV and theatre. If I am not being creative in SOME way, I start to feel lost.

The second is Astrology. Without it, I would be lost, or would have been, depending upon how you look at it.

There are 50 million blogs out there on the web. Most of them are orphaned (started and left... how sad!) or "I did this today" blogs. When I started this venture, early on, I heard about Technorati. Technorati is one of the foremost rankings for blogs. You may have noticed my icons, like "Technorati Favorites", floating around my blog.

Out of 50 million blogs, I started this venture with the auspicious tag of #2.something MILLION.

Thanks to you, we are now ranked at 614,479. It is my goal to get in the top 100,000 in another 3 months time, and climb the ranks on up the ladder.

Granted, I am not hitting "hot" buttons or "splogging". I don't rewrite what FOX News or 20/20 spoke about the night before (unless there is something Astrological to gain). I could write so much more about people or things that fascinate me, like Angelina Jolie and her UN missions, or colorful characters (and quite charismatic), like George Galloway. Yet, if I can't tie it to Astrology, and make it easy to understand for all, I won't post it.

I definitely will NEVER splog. Splogging, for those who do not know, is pulling from other sources automatically so you don't have to lift a finger. Why do people Splog? To gain revenue from click throughs on ads, of course. If a top site reports something, chances are it is a hot topic. Hot topics mean more traffic and more traffic means more click throughs to generate income.

I gain a meager earning from the ads on this site. When I say meager, think 5 cans of not-so-bad cat food per month. It doesn't pay the bills (but I hope one day it might).

Thanks to you, though, I have something more valuable than cat food. I have a community of new and repeat readers who enjoy, and hopefully learn and grow, from Astrology Talk.

Thank you all to a great end to 2006 and wishing all a prosperous 2007!


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Twilight said...

Wow! Well done on the rankings, VB. Well deserved too if I may say so!

I think your blogging style hits exactly the right spot !

Ann (Twilight)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Velvet Blade said...

Twilight - YOU ROCK! What I enjoy most about your blog is that it takes your daily thoughts and put them into Astrological terms. It's a great way for people to see how Astrology works in real life, and something that is missing from a lot of Astrology pages and blogs. Keep up your great work and Happy 2007!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger dong dong23 said...

tory burch sale
nike uk
rolex watches
gucci
adidas nmd
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet
true religion jeans
hollister clothing
polo ralph shirts
cheap toms shoes
ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet
adidas outlet
louis vuitton bags
nike factory outlet
nike trainers
celine
cheap ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet online
nike uk
giuseppe zanotti
designer handbags
cartier watches
nike trainers
adidas outlet store
ghd hair straighteners
ray ban wayfarer
cheap oakleys
pandora jewelry
vans shoes outlet
nike air force 1
michael kors canada
nike free run
insanity workout
burberry outlet
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
oakley outlet
coach outlet
mont blanc pens
20167.9wengdongdong

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home