Astrology Talk


Google
 
Web Astrology Talk
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Friday, May 04, 2007

The Art and Artist


Today my brand spanking new Wacom digitizer tablet arrived. For those who don't know, it's a big flat thing that let's you use a mouse, or a pen, to navigate your computer. The main usage is for artwork, illustration and photo editing. Ever tried to highlight a specific pixel or two with your mouse? Worse, have you ever tried to draw a circle or straight line with your mouse? It's clumsy and nearly impossible.

With the tablet, you can choose different effects and pen or brush types. If you erase, your paper doesn't have a hole in it afterwards. Your monitor is your canvas.

Ahhh, bliss!

So I doodled and played, and then toyed with some astrological designs. Wanted to get some feedback. Would you buy this on a tshirt? Or mug? Or put it on your wall? I started with, of course, Scorpio, because y'all know the world revolves around me. I just hide it well. ;)

My natural bent as an artist is very fine pen detail, or cartoony things. I am not the type to make anything really on purpose look like it's equivalent in reality. I can't look at a bowl of fruit and draw something that realistically looks like a bowl of fruit. Hope you enjoy the abstract.

If I get good feedback, I will work on each sign and post as I finish them. Hit me with your requests!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Hi! I’ve been looking at this off and on – it’s interesting and very provocative – in a good way - very Scorpio in the images it brings to mind for me such as dragon, sperm, roots with new shoot, and more I won’t divulge – a little like the Rorschach test - never taken one but that’s what came to mind as I was seeing all the different possibilities here :). Anyway, that's how my Gemini mind responded to the piece.

You could post different signs and maybe get more feedback. I can see how it might be a nice Scorpio gift for someone who would appreciate abstract art. I would love to see Gemini!

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feedback! I will work on some more. Also, you pointed out some pretty subconscious things that I wasn't even aware of!

- Velvet
(read the other comment for why this is an anonymous post!

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My blogger account and all Google accounts have been compromised! I am lockout! Lock stock and barrel!

Because of this, please email me at snapology@gmail.com if you notice any odd postings the next 5 days. It will take 5 days for me to get my passwords reset.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS, that was from Velvet. Forgot to sign it. I am not used to Anonymous posts anymore!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Zheng junxai5 said...

zhengjx20160526
louis vuitton outlet stores
polo ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
kobe shoes
ladies cartier watches
air jordan shoes
nike air huarache
coach outlet
jordan shoes
louis vuitton bags
true religion jeans
toms wedges
fitflop shoes
oakley outlet
kobe 8
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton purses
lebron james shoes 13
pandora jewelry
north face jackets
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
hollister clothing
lebron 12
montblanc pen
nfl jerseys
michael kors handbags
nfl jerseys
rolex watches
giuseppe zanotti outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
nike outlet store
nike roshe run
nike trainers women
cheap oakleys
replica rolex watches
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger dong dong23 said...

ray bans
timberland boots
kobe 11
cheap oakley sunglasses
true religion
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton outlet
cheap jordans
kobe bryant shoes
michael kors outlet
kate spade
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet
coach factory outlet
gucci outlet
jordan shoes
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
hollister outlet
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
jordans for sale
michael kors outlet
air max 90
nike air max 90
oakley sunglasses
adidas shoes
nike roshe runs
nike air force
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online clearances
louis vuitton bags
mont blanc pens
coach factory outlet
toms outlet
nike air huarache
toms outlet
ralph lauren polo
pandora jewelry
20167.9wengdongdong

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home