Astrology Talk


Google
 
Web Astrology Talk
Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz


Sunday, December 02, 2007

Free EBook Spam from Anonymous

Checking my comments today from Astrology Talk, there were several postings from an "Anonymous" source. It was "Get my free ebook" spam in the comments.

These comments have since been deleted, and I will continue to delete all spam comments. So much for blog etiquette.

Here is my email to the culprit, 123 Astrology, Blair Gorman from Christchurch, New Zealand. The site actually is one of the one pagers designed to lure you into a purchase. It has no information other than solicitation. You can get a free "trial" reading, leading to a paid reading, but you must sign up for the reading in order to get the "Free eBook".

Blair,

You posted two comments on my blog, Astrology Talk, soliciting business for your eBook. You contributed nothing to my readers, but only made an attempt at gaining downloads and birth details to solicit business. In my opinion, your methods are dubious and swarmy, both on the method of driving business and in the misleading way in which your site garners information in the process of receiving your "Free eBook".

Interesting enough, the bottom of your site states "Words cannot express my dislike for spam." So why spam a blog?

Thanks for not doing it again.


If you have a site that you feel is beneficial for the readers and applicable to the post, feel free to share it. I only ask that it is not a site that holds no information, but is only a forum for generating income from sales. I want you, my readers, to know that I care about you. I personally find it irritating when a site claims to be an "expert resource", but only sells readings, either by mail, email or phone. If you have such a site, contact me and I will review it.

If I wanted Astrology Talk to be a forum for sales of horoscopes, then I would sell my own here and the focus of the blog would be muddied.

Let the information flow! ... But leave the spam in the cupboard!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, OpenID susanmcdnld said...

Thank you for posting this as it may have saved me money. I recieved an email offering a numerology reading from Gorman and decided to do a search to see if he was the expert he claimed. Thanks to your blog I know to save my money.

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Velvet Blade said...

Hi Susan,

I am glad this post helped. Mr. Gorman did email me back (a month later). It seems he is part of an affiliate network, and this was posted by one of the affiliates. Even so, I believe when you put your name on something, that's your reputation.

For Numerology readings, I would suggest hans Decoz. I know him and his readings personally, and he has been a top Numerologist for a long time. Here is his site, if you are interested http://www.decoz.com/

- Velvet

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Stukie said...

Good for you! I am so glad to see bloggers standing up for the integrity of their blogs.

I am new to blogging, and still learning the ropes, so your post has given me courage.

You wouldn't happen to be the same C.T. that has a LinkedIn profile stating you work in P. Or.? If so, please add me to your network. I am also from there, and have now "found you" twice. It must be fate.

Nice to almost "meet" you, grins!

Bonnie Stukenholtz-Brown
360 Innovative Solutions, LLC

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Velvet Blade said...

Hi Stukie,

Thanks for the feedback! And yes, I am the same one from LinkedIn. Glad to meet another Portland-ite!

By looking at your LinkedIn profile, it looks like we have a lot in common. My background is film/theatre/TV and I went to college at Colorado State.

Send me your email address so I can add you to LinkedIn. Or, you can add me. My email is velvetridge@gmail.com.

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger manu said...

hi
pl give me a link or by mail

Elementory astrology learning the basics ans fundamentals

kindly add me in email list manusharma71@gmail.com

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger zxcvd said...

Cheap WOW GOld, Please look here
Buy wow GoLd,
World of Warcraft WOw golD and woW gOld money,
wOw Gold.Acquista WOw gold oro,
wow goldSoldi, WOw GOld to each loyal and
woW goLD siamo uno dei miglioriWoW gold which is very cheap.WOw gold

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger wow gold said...

Other wow gold changes are wow goldalmost as easy. buy wow goldA designer buy wow goldfeels like cheap wow gold nobody will cheap wow gold really object to wow power levelinga change and wow power levelingthat it's pretty power levelinglow risk. At power leveling e as a santiy check wow gold
buy wow gold
cheap wow gold

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger diandian said...

Aktuelle News
Support
FAQ
World of Warcraft(USA)
World of Warcraft(EUR)
Game Card
Guild Wars
Age of Conan - US
Age of Conan - EU
Final Fantasy XI
Vanguard
The Lord of the Rings OL - USA
The Lord of the Rings OL - EUR

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger diandian said...

We have cheap wow gelD cheap world of warcraft WOw Gold here. If you buy WOw GOld buy world of warcraft WoW goLD from our website, We will deliver wow gOld in Mins,buy world of warcraft wOw gold here, we sell cheap world of warcraft WOW GOld. All kinds of world of warcraft news wow gold and world of warcraft woW goLD here, With Cheap wow goLd for world of warcraft wow golD you will set free and enjoy WoW gold Cheap wow GoLd and you can
buy really cheap WOw gOld here.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

download lots of ebooks from here


http://feboook.blogspot.com

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger kathryn said...

appreciate your post and thank you very much for your share with us i am interested in it


e-business book
online marketing book
business ebook

 
At 12:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your site secure for www.orderchanelonline.com to order from?So there you have it. cheap chanel handbags questions I believe you should ask yourself and the chanel wallets firm you want to make a purchase from. It'll be worth the effort in the long run.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home